Bubbah’s Birthday Cake – Vegan, Gluten-Free Dog Cake Recipe
If you don’t already know, I am completely and totally obsessed with my dogs. They are my World and I treat them like my children. To me, they are my children. So when their birthday rolls around, I get a little crazy and treat them to the best of the best! Bubbah turned 8-years-old today, and it makes me so proud to know how healthy and happy he is. I cannot wait for the next 8 years with him
I knew I wanted to make something that was healthy, wholesome, vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free that included pumpkin, bananas, peanut butter, and coconut oil – because those are the only things that don’t give him explosive diarrhea (TMI?). So, I came up with a pumpkin cake topped with a PB & Banana Coconut frosting that is full of amazing ingredients for your best friend’s special day
Dog Birthday Cake Recipe
1 cup Organic Brown Rice Flour (gluten-free!)
1 cup Organic Pumpkin Puree (tons of fiber!)
1 tbsp Cinnamon (anti-fungal, great for dogs with allergies and dogs prone to yeast infections)
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted (helps with skin and internal health)
3 tbsp Organic, Local Raw Honey (helps relieve allergies)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (a bagillion benefits here)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit and line a pie pan with parchment paper (NOT wax paper).
2. Combine the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, honey, water, and vanilla.
4. Stir in the apple cider vinegar last to team up with the baking soda for the rise!
5. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes. Allow cake to cool.
2 Organic Bananas, mashed
1 tbsp All-Natural Peanut Butter
3/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1. Mash bananas in a large bowl
2. Stir in peanut butter and coconut
3. Spread on top of the cake!
Bubbah (and Bodhi) loooved the cake and they haven’t had any digestive issues from it, which tells me it’s a great recipe to make in the future! Thanks so much for tuning in Feel free to send us photos of your dog enjoying their birthday cake!